There’s no shortage of things to do in Nashville this Halloween, and you’ll be able to get a local craft beer at many of them. But if you really care about the beer you drink, here’s our recommendations for a good time this Friday night. These are four of our favorite spots (but we don’t play favorites, so here they are in alphabetical order).
- Craft Brewed is hosting a costume party, with prizes for best and worst costume. Head over after work, the winners will be chosen at 7:30. Winners get free tickets to Rhizome Production’s 12South Winter Warmer.
- Black Abbey is hosting a rocking Halloween party from 9-11. Stop by and hear Hard Rock Zombies and Timid Death for a $5 cash cover. They will also have a costume contest, and winners get Black Abbey Swag. Be sure to order a pint of the Ghost Rye-der Rye Altbier.
- Flying Saucer will have live music from Diamond Carter from 8-Midnight with beer from the mystery beer barrel from $3. Let’s hope it’s not Bud Light, that would be really scary. While there, keep an eye out for real ghosts. The old building, especially the pool room, is reported to be haunted.
- Tennessee Brew Works is partying from 5-10, a no cover show for The TN Warblers. Wear a costume, it will get you discounted beers all night, and you might win a contest. Don’t miss the pumpkin bowling.
- Oh, and if you’ve been living under a rock, tickets to the best beer fest in the Southeast go on sale Friday morning at 10. You don’t want to miss this year’s 12South Winter Warmer. Best. Craft. Beer. Fest. Ever.